Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Love Those Distress Ink Backgrounds


I'm still having fun playing with my distress inks and I think they are de-stressing me! I love to play with the colours. I usually choose the image I want to stamp and then decide which colours would look good for that stamp. This stamp is from Impression Obsessions and I just love the look of it. I used the Ranger Distress Inks in Faded Jeans, Weather Wood, Brushed Corduroy, and Fired Brick. I stamped the image in Walnut Stain. The patterned paper is by Basic Grey and I embossed it using two different Cuttlebug Embossing folders and matted all with a copper metallic paper. I think it is a versatile card and could be used for so many different occasions. A very simple card to make but I think it has some impact.

OK I know it is early but I am excited about Halloween. That's right Halloween. I have to confess one of my favourite "holidays" and I really think everyone should be sending spooky wishes to family and friends. My local scrapbook store The Memory Keeper in Hamilton just got in some Studio G stamps and cards with a Halloween theme. I only bought a FEW! Really I was very good. I have some Magnolia Halloween stamps on order and I am waiting for them to arrive along with some new Cornish Heritage Farm stamps. Every time I see the mail carrier go by without leaving a package I am so disappointed. Maybe I will have to lure him to my mail box. How I will do this I do not know because believe me I lost the knack to attract men years ago and I don't like to cook or bake. I'll just have to be patient.

Look for some Halloween soon Have a stamping great week. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment