Sunday, July 18, 2010

Photo cards




Well I've been unable to post for some time but finally today I am ready to put up a few new cards. I have been experimenting with some new card designs using photographs in sepia tones to get that vintage look. The one I posted here is for David. The outside of the card reads "A picture is worth a thousand words" and the inside sentiment says"In this case none of them good!" The picture I used is from 1955 and features him dressed like a cowboy. I know he will appreciate this uniquely designed card for his 60th birthday. Luckily I was able to crop myself out of the picture since I am dressed like Elmer Fudd. What were we thinking?



I have used Bo Bunny paper and a small camera charm. I layered several papers and using a craft knife slit some of the designer paper so I could slip the picture under it like a photo corner. It was fun to design and of course made with tons of love for a special guy. Happy Birthday David!



Tomorrow I will post for a challenge using red and brown. Love that combination of colours so I am very excited to get out some new stamps and my copics and go to it. It's been so long since I coloured I am looking forward to it! Hope your week is great. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment