Thursday, September 16, 2010

Penny Black Halloween


I have a confession to make. I am a very mature (AKA old) woman but I just love Halloween. I always have. When my sons were young I looked forward to making costumes, decorating the house and baking goodies. Then when my great nieces came along they were little girls who wanted to be fairies, princesses and even fairy monkeys. The joy of it all to be making pink, frothy costumes and of course a cute brown monkey with beautiful pink wings for Katie who is unique and delightful in her idiosyncrasies. So of course when I discovered card making I just had to have Halloween stamps. I started with just a few. Afterall how many Halloween cards can you send? I promised myself I would buy no more Halloween stamps BUT this summer at CHA I saw this appealing little witch at the Penny Black booth and just had to have it!!! Really I have will power I just choose not to use it.

So I stamped her up yesterday for the first time and all the other Halloween stamps were envious of her cuteness. They also wanted to be stamped so I will be doing some more cards soon. She is coloured with copic markers and the paper is from last year's Basic Grey collection. Look for some Magnolias is the next few weeks as I prepare for the most wonderful time of the year--apple picking, pumpkins, lovely landscapes and Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment