Wednesday, May 26, 2010

AHH The Sweet Smell of Lacrosse Season








I have not posted for a few days but thought I would show you two cards I did from Penny Black. They have a vintage feel and I really love the papers. I finally bought a large Martha Stewart border punch and I am finding it very versatile. I can see I may have to add to my stash and pick up a couple more, using a coupon of course! I used copics to colour them. Even though I have been having fun playing with the distress inks nothing can beat my copics.




I will be busy over the next two months because Lacrosse Season has started. Nothing says summer like the "sweet" smell of a stinking hot arena filled with sweaty boys bodies. We got to the game late tonight and the place was packed so the only seats left were right behind the bench. WOW it never ceases to amaze me how bad it can be, but it is a memory that will never fade from me no matter how much Frebreeze I use. That smell will always remind me of great summers spent with other families cheering on their children in a sport that for so long appealed to only a few.




I'm excited because I am going stamp shopping tomorrow and I really am going to try to keep it within reason. My friend DEB and I are heading state side to Buffalo Stamp and AC Moore's. I'll let you know what stamps will be finding a loving home here with me in Burlington. Really stamps should not have to spend lonely days on the shelves of stores when I still have room in my craft room to make their warm and cozy.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet smell of lax .... maybe we're stting in the same arena on those smelly hot days. randson and nephew play for Nigara on the Lake Bantom!!! Good luck to you boys. and love your cards

    ReplyDelete