Monday, May 17, 2010


Well I finally got around to experimenting with some distress inks and oh my a whole new world just opened up! I had some plain white prima flowers so I played around with using the inks to colour these to match my papers. I added some Maya Mist in gold metallic to give them some shimmer. I used the distress inks and some sponge pads to colour the nestabilities to also tone in with the colour scheme and then....I started colouring my Tilda. I have used stronger colours than the style used by the Swedish designers but I think the brighter colours of my paper work better that the very pale colouring style. I am going to continue to experiment with a softer pallet once I get some pale coloured papers. I am a colour girl- love my cheerful bright colours. I rally must get out in the garden and start working but I am hoping for maybe one day of rain this week so I have an excuse to stay in and play!!

1 comment:

  1. This card is terrific too! You are doing wonderfully with the DI's. Of course the purple caught my eye on this one! Beautiful work Dawn!