Monday, June 28, 2010

Christmas in July is Here




Well I said I would be posting some Christmas cards for a class in July and here are the first two. I do enjoy the whimsical stamps so I used one of the Penny Black hedgehogs and added some paper die cuts from the Silhouette. The image is coloured with copic markers. I will admit this card is a little picky to make with all the gluing of the die cut pieces but I think they add dimension to the card. I can honestly say I will not be making many of these to send but it will be fun to do three or four for some special people.


The second card is a more elegant and much easier to make. I used distress inks to create the background paper. The ink colours are bundled sage, peeled paint, vintage photo and spiced marmalade. I then stamped the image twice with peeled paint and used perfect pearls in copper to complete the image. The image is from Impression Obsession. Yes I have a confession to make. I went to Exeter through London and stopped at one of my favourite stamp shops and picked up a few new stamps. Really some of them are so bold they jumped right into my shopping basket and of course I couldn't disappoint them so I brought them home with me to join all the others. I have been having fun playing with my new images and I will upload one tomorrow. It is from Art Impressions and features their new girlfriends line. They are a hoot and have great sayings with them.


My great niece's graduation was wonderful and I am proud to say she won the citizenship award. She was so surprised but very happy. Congratulations Katie!! She looked beautiful and now I am going to start on making her a special scrapbook to record all the memories. Oh boy some pink paper is coming my way!


No comments:

Post a Comment