Friday, June 11, 2010

Distress Inks Create Backgound Paper


Well it has been a busy week and although I had every intention of entering the Fridy Sketchers challenge last week I just didn't have time to create anything new. I've been doing child care for my grandson while his caregiver was vacationing in Vegas so I have been busy playing trains, going for train rides and most importantly cuddling with that sweet boy. We also celebrated his third birthday so all and all a very busy time. I am going to enter this weeks challenge.

I had some time last night to play with some of my distress inks to create the background paper for this card. I used tumbled glass, shabby shutters and bundled sage. Then I used the shabby shutters and bundled sage to stamp the leaves. This is an Impression Obsession stamp and it is so versatile. The Queen Anne's lacy is a Technique Tuesday stamp which I stamped with white craft ink and then embossed with embossing powder. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up. I love the colours and I am planning on experimenting with some golds, oranges and browns to create some fall background paper.

I know it is hard to believe but in the next few weeks you might be seeing some Christmas, yes I said Christmas, sample cards. I like to start early and I do three or four a month so that when the crunch time comes in November and December this is one less thing to put on my to do list. I will even be doing some Christmas in July card classes in my home and probably at the Memory Keeper.

Well the washing needs to be done and darn that husband of mine he wants to eat each day so I am off to plan dinner. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment