Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Distress Inks


I am a little late posting this morning. I had one of those nights where I just lay in bed and watch the numbers on the digital clock tick by one by one. I finally got up at 1:00 a.m. and decided I would go down stairs and finish a card I started at my Tuesday crop. I got caught up in finding papers and ribbon and deciding flowers or no flowers. When looking I found some lovely blue paper in my stash and the next thing I know my copics are on the desk (I swear they get there all by themselves) and I am colouring. I finished that card only to look at the clock and discover that it is now 3:30. Up to bed I go and try to get to sleep. I'm not sure if men experience these nights where sleep just eludes you no matter what you do, but if they do my husband is not one of them. He's asleep within two minutes of hitting the pillow. Still awake at 5:00 a.m. when the alarm went off. Hopefully I can catch a nap this afternoon.

Today's card is made with the Tim Holtz bird cage die, some Parisian anthology paper from Pink Paislee and distress inks. I inked the paper with faded Denim, Peeled Paint, and some Spiced Marmalade. I cut the die using cardboard and then some pattern paper for the top of it. This way I get more dimension. The bird is also cut from cardboard and paper and inked with Fired Brick, Faded Denim and some Spiced Marmalade. I inked the bird cage with Walnut Stain, added some lace which I also distressed and a small key at the top and she is done. Easy peesey. This is a very generic card and I think would suit a man or a woman. This is one of the cards for my April class so ladies you are getting a little sneak peak.

Spring is here and it is time to spruce up the old girl and of course the house too (I need a manicure in the worst way). Our house is 106 years old and needs constant care. We are starting to plan renovations to our bathroom so I am off to do some scouting for tiles and fixtures. Hope you'll stop by tomorrow for another look.

No comments:

Post a Comment