Wednesday, March 23, 2011

There Are no Excuses but I'm Giving Them Anyway.






I have been absent from my blog for so many months and really I have no real excuse except that the family has been through a quintuple heart by-pass, Christmas, a Caribbean vacation, classes at the store , and shovelling snow, snow and more snow. Reading that last sentence really does sound like a lot of excuses but now I am ready to create again. I am excited to share some new stamp images that I ordered from Lili of the Valley in the UK. It's a great company and the mailing time from the UK to Canada is about 2 weeks and if you order a sufficient quantity there is free shipping. I love when companies offer that and really do I need an excuse to buy more. See I am just full of excuses today or as I like to refer to it---rationalization. Another idea is to get a few friends together and make one order and get the free shipping that way. The quality of the rubber is great and the stamps make clear sharp images.
The card I am sharing today is one I made for a friend who is going in for knee surgery in April. I find it difficult sometimes to find stamps that are suitable for men and a get well message. Flowers seem to work well for women but for men I want something different. The outside says "Smile" and the inside reads "You're on the road to recovery, but a man your age should watch his speed." I coloured the image with my copics and used the following colours:
  • Car: E40, 41, 42
  • Scarf: BG10, BG13
  • Bear: E31, E33, E35
  • Hat: E27, E29

On the goggles and the windshield I put some Chrystal Lacquer so they would shine and have some dimension.

Tomorrow some more images from Lili of the Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment