Friday, March 25, 2011

Paper Towel Flower


I'm not sure why my blog has that annoying white box but am working to make it disappear. For today's card I am posting a picture of a very simple card made with a white paper towel. As I said yesterday I used glimmer mist to create some sparkly paper and the extra glimmer mist that was left on my craft mat I cleaned up with a regular household paper towel. It was an awful colour but I let it dry and there before me was a beautiful purple towel shimmering with gold. I'm sure you can not see the total affect in the picture but it does shimmer. I then cut the dry towel into strips. (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in width) Next I took score tape and put a strip on my craft mat. Removing the white protective covering I now had a sticky strip to work with. I started to pleated the paper towel strip along the score tape until the entire tape was filled with pleated paper towel. I then cut a cardboard circle as my base. Removing the strip from the craft mat I attached it in a circular pattern to the circle. For the centre of the flower I took a circle covered with sticky score tape and another strip and twisted it and then rolled it onto the circle. Twist and roll small pieces at a time until the circle is complete. I then used a jewel for the centre but a brad would work as well. This is a very easy and quick card to make once you have your paper towel ready to go.
Spring is in the air and it is time for babies!! We are excited because my son and his wife are adding to the family in September. In honour of spring and our new little family member I have been playing with baby images and making baby cards. Tomorrow I will post one made with a Lili of the Valley stamp. Enjoy your day and I hope where ever you are the weather feels like spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment