Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lili of the Valley Image




As some of you know we had a flood in our basement and yes that is where I do my creating so everything, and I mean everything from the three rooms in the basement got moved to the garage and my living room/dining room. Now four weeks later with all the repairs done everything is back down stairs but still a lot needs to be unpacked. I was having withdrawal pains so I unpacked enough boxes so I could get started creating again and feeding my addiction (I say addiction in a good way because really I do not want to be cured). So here is my card that I made for a friend to send to her granddaughter in Denver. The image is from Lili of the Valleyand I just love her! She just makes me smile. I also have been playing with some new glimmer mist from Tattered Angels and I created the mauve paper from three of the colours (electric blue, silver sugar and Cadillac pink). To create the paper I start with inexpensive Wausau, about 8 cents for a 8 1/2 x 11. I spray with the three colours and then set the paper aside to dry. It will curl and wrinkle but when it is dry I ironed it. I picked up from my craft mat the extra glimmer mist with a paper towel and then when the towel dried I made a flower from it. None of the glimmer mist is wasted. I will post a card tomorrow to show you that flower. They are fun and easy to make. I also used a tag from the Eyelet Outlet that reads "Birthday Girl". Since the card is going through the mail I did not include a lot of 3D embellishments. A little glitter and ribbon and she's done! I'm off to check out the challenge blog at Lili of the Valley because I'm back in the game and ready to participate in the challenges again. Hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment