Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm Up for Another Challenge


Good Morning Everyone. Here in Burlington the sun is shining but it is still quite cold. We are expecting more spring like weather by mid week. I decided to really dive into challenge mod and I did a card for this week's Friday Sketchers. I loved the sketch and I'm still struggling with flower placement so it was a great one for me. I used a Stampavie image that I just added to my collection. I might use this image for some Mother's Day cards. I think it is quite versatile. I coloured it with my copics and decided not to add any glitter to her wings (in my opinion there is very little that can not be improved with a little bling). I have given myself a personal challenge. We had a terrible flood in the basement and of course in my craft room so I took this as an opportunity to reorganize, and clean out. Thanks goodness for the Memory Keeper's garage sale which is coming up soon because I didn't want to throw anything out but could rationalize giving it a new home and me a credit at the store to spend on more stamps. But back to my personal challenge. I organized all my scrap paper and could not believe how much I had and how great some of the patterns were. So now whenever I make a new card I am only using my scrap paper. Some of the beautiful new paper from the winter CHA is calling out to me and for the most part I ignore it, but I am excited to dig through my containers, sorted by colour, to find papers that coordinate together. For my challenge card I used three different patterned paper and four colours of card stock. I am determined to reduce that paper stash before my DH sees it and asks "Why are you buying more paper?". As I have said before there is a big part of me that is just a collector. Well off to do chores before my new stamps hear me typing this or I will be drawn into a long crafting session and the laundry, and ironing will have to wait for another day. Hope you'll stop by tomorrow when I post a fairy card from Lili of the Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment