Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Card


This morning I was describing to my sister Dale, the Easter cards that I made for both my sons and she commented "You're not going to put that on the blog are you?" I responded I just might. Well here it is! The image is from the company Your Next Stamp. The Memory Keeper is at the Creative Festival this weekend at the International Centre and the stamps will be available there so I decided that I would show case one I made. I scrap lifted the layout from the gallery since I didn't have a lot of time. I used copics to colour the mother hen and stamped the head twice so I could pop dot the eyes and apply glossy accents to it. I then stamped the image on patterned paper and paper pieced the eggs so they would look like Easter eggs. A small sentiment that reads Happy Easter completes the front. Inside the sentiment reads "Hope you get laid." Dale asked me not to send one to her husband! (tehe)

My daughter in law is afraid to take the word of the ultra sound tech so she has arranged for a 3D ultra sound next Thursday. If that one also confirms the sex as a girl then we are going to start decorating the nursery in girl colours. I think my grndson will be very sad if it is not a sister and now that the shock has worn off my son is stoked to be having a daughter. I'll keep you posted. I'm in the baby mood so I am going to make a few baby cards today but I don't have a lot of time. I have theatre tickets with my girl friends for tonight and of course we have a long dinner and gab before hand. I will not be posting tomorrow since I am working the Creative festival from 7:00a.m. to 9:00 p.m. See you back here on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment