Friday, April 29, 2011

Room Decorations











I'm posting a picture of two of the letters I made for a friend of my husbands but I think I should have done a wedding card in honour of Prince William and Kate's wedding today. I PVRed it and watched it on fast forward. She looked stunning. Just the right balance of elegant and modern young woman. There certainly was a different tone to the wedding than that of Prince William's parents. They looked relaxed with each other and very much in love. Let's hope he doesn't follow in the footsteps of his grandfather and father and take a mistress. I loved the trees in the abbey!




On Wednesday my sister and I went across the border to do a little shopping. So glad we went Wednesday since yesterday the wind storm was really quite scary.We stocked up on our favourite cookies and muffin mixes and Dale did a little shopping for some new clothes. She got some great bargains and looked great in everything. We went to Buffalo Stamp and I kept myself to just two new stamps and a little bit of paper. Thanks Dale for helping me pick out some very pretty pink papers for the letters. I just can not seem to stop looking a new stamps even though I have sooooo many! I did give some up to the garage sale just so I could make room for some new ones.


These letters were purchased at Michael's and then covered with paper and Mod Podge. I embellished them with Prima flowers and rhinestones/pearls and some dragonflies and butterflies. I hope that they will make Jenna and Leanne's new rooms in their dad's house a bit more cheerful and welcoming. They were really fun to make. Tomorrow I will post a Mother's Day card made with one of the new stamps I bought. It's a Mo Manning that I have been eyeing for some time and thought it would combine well with a Flourishes sentiment. Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment